Date Nut Filling Recipe
- 1 8-ounce package (1 1/2 cups) of cut up pitted dates
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup broken California walnuts
- 1/4 cup Seven-Minute Frosting
- In a saucepan, combine one 8-ounce package (1 1/2 cups) of cut up pitted dates, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; simmer about 4 minutes, stirring.
- Let cool.
- Add 1/4 cup of broken California walnuts. (optional)
- Fold in 1/4 cup Seven-Minute Frosting.
This Date Nut Filling Recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of filling.